Before creating a publication, you must create the articles that you want to include in the publication. You can also add new articles to existing publications.
To create a publication
- Point to Site, then click Layout Manager.
- If necessary, add a new content row. Or expand an existing one by clicking across from Add Content.
- Click New.
- Click Publication.
- On the Settings tab, enter the name of the publication in the Title field. This is a required field.
- In the Frequency drop-down list, select how often you want to rotate a new article into the publication. You can specify release dates for individual articles when you add them to the publication on the Schedule tab.
- At the top of the page, click the Schedule tab.
- Click to open the Add Article page.
- Select the article that you want to add to the publication.
- In the Release Date field, enter the date on which you want to publish the article. To select the date from a calendar, click . By default, Extend assigns the first article that you add a release date and time of midnight on the following day. Additional articles are assigned release dates and times based on the frequency that you selected on the Settings tab, unless you specify otherwise here. All release times are ET.
- Click Submit. Extend adds the article to the publication list. To add more articles, return to step 8.
- If you are a site or network administrator, click Save & Approve. Otherwise, click Save.
- If the Approve tab displays, approve the publication for the roles that you are assigned. For more information, see Saving and Approving Articles.