Mass delete is permanent! Deleted events can't be restored.
With the mass delete feature, you can run an advanced query and delete multiple events from the query results. This is useful if you want to clean up old events or need to delete more than one event at once.
- Navigate to the Reports tab and click Advanced Queries.
- In the Actions group, click Advanced Queries.
- Create a new query or select a saved query from the Saved Query list.
- In the Actions group, click Run.
- To view the results of the query, navigate to the Results tab.
- In the Results group, click Mass Delete.
- To permanently delete the events, type DELETE in the text box and then click Continue.
- To preserve program performance, there is a fixed maximum number of events (2,500) you can delete at one time. If you need to delete more than the max number, you can run Mass Delete multiple times.
- Email notifications will not be sent to users when events are mass-deleted.
- You can't delete events with registrations. You must delete these events individually.
- If you don't have the delete permissions to an event, mass delete will not delete it.
- Please allow several minutes to several hours before deleting associated items, such as resources and calendars
When mass deleting spanning events, the events that display depend on the query field and conditions used in your query.
Mass Deleting using Start Date
When mass deleting using the Start Date query field, you must include the start date within the range of your query.
For example, if you create an event that runs from August 1 to August 31, and you query for start dates greater than or equal to August 15 and less than or equal to August 31, your spanning event does not display in the query results.
However, if you query for dates greater than or equal to July 15 and less than or equal to September 15, the spanning event displays in the query results, which lets you include it in a mass delete.
Mass Deleting using Event Date
When mass deleting using the Event Date query field, the event displays in the query if any dates within the spanning event match the conditions.
- Navigate to the Administration tab and click Roles.
- Double-click the role you want to edit.
- Under the Permission Summary section, click Edit
- In the Scheduler section, select the check box next to the Mass Delete Events option.
- To save the changes to the permissions click OK.
Mass delete permissions require the ability to print and review reports. When you assign mass delete permissions to a role, this will automatically assign Print/Preview Reports permissions.
Removing a user's Print/Preview Reports permissions will also remove their Mass Delete Events permissions.
Deleted Events Log
Navigate to the Administration tab and click Deleted Events to view information about events deleted individually and through mass delete.
Any user who has rights to the Administration tab can view the delete log.