In Windows Vista, OnDemand runs slowly when selecting tree items (like in Searches).
Products affected: OnDemand
Versions affected: Any
To resolve this issue, turn offEnable Desktop Composition on your computer.
- On the Start menu, right-click Computer, then select Properties.
- Click Change settings.
- Select the Advanced tab, then, under Performance, click Settings.
- Clear Enable Desktop Composition, then click Apply.
If this option does not display, it may not be turned on, as the service is not running. The Desktop Window Manager Session Manager service gives access to Enable Desktop Composition and Enable Transparent Glass.
To access the service:
- Right-click Computer, then select Manage.
- Select Services and Applications.
- Click Services.
If the Desktop Window Manager Session Manager service shows as Automatic or Running and you still do not see the options, try right-clicking on the service and selecting Restart.