You can set up OnDemand to remember your login credentials for ACS, HeadMaster, and/or PDS.
If you want to have the same login credentials for OnDemand and ACS, follow the first set of procedures. Follow both sets of procedures to complete the conversion to a single login for OnDemand, ACS, Access ACS, and ACS Facility Scheduler.
- Confirm your OnDemand user name and password.
- In ACS People, under Advanced Tools, select Add/Edit Users. Click Go .
- Select the Login Users Automatically check box.
- Select the user you want to add an OnDemand login to, then click Edit.
In the Network Login Name field, enter your OnDemand user name.
This does not change your ACS user name, it instructs the ACS programs to recognize your login credentials as sufficient information to proceed in OnDemand. ACS user names are limited to 8 characters, while OnDemand user names are typically longer since they are unique across all users at all sites.
Since Access ACS and ACS Facility Scheduler share user names and passwords once the two user accounts are linked, you can change the information once in Access ACS, and it will carry over to ACS Facility Scheduler. No need to enter duplicate information – just follow the steps below to complete the process.
Access ACS and ACS Facility Scheduler do not allow the following symbols that OnDemand may allow: < & > / \ ; % ' "
- In Access ACS, point to Admin, then click Security.
- In the user list, click the User Name you want to change.
- Under User Options, click Edit.
- Change the user name, then click Save.
You can also set up OnDemand to remember your login credentials for HeadMaster so you don't have to enter this information each time.
- Log in to OnDemand with your OnDemand user name and password.
- On the OnDemand desktop, double-click HeadMaster.
- Enter your HeadMaster user name and password, then select Remember Me.
- Click OK.
This does not change your HeadMaster user name or password. Selecting this option saves your HeadMaster login information with this OnDemand user name and allows you to proceed without entering this information each time.
You can set up OnDemand to remember your login for PDS products so you don't have to enter this information each time.
- Ensure that all OnDemand logins for all users are set up.
- For each PDS program, open the program and go to Administration > Users & Passwords.
- If you currently have security enabled, rename the existing user names to match the OnDemand user names.
- If you don't have security enabled, add new user names for each OnDemand user and use the same user names set up for OnDemand.
- Review and set the Access and Privileges levels to control what each user has access to in each program.
- In Other Tasks click Set Security Method.
- Select The user name is detected by OnDemand authentication.
- Click Save/OK.
- Click Close.
- Restart the program - you will not be prompted to enter the user name and password again as long as the list of users contains a valid OnDemand user name. You will be logged into the program as the same user used to log in to OnDemand.
- Repeat steps 2 - 7 for each PDS program.