OpenOffice when exporting, viewing, or saving data. OpenOffice is an open source office suite for word processing, spreadsheets, and other applications. If you have a licensed copy of Microsoft® Office installed on your personal computer, you can still save files that you export from OnDemand to your personal computer, and open them locally using the Microsoft Office Suite.OnDemand uses
OpenOffice Calc is the equivalent of Microsoft Excel and OpenOffice Writer is the equivalent of Microsoft Word. View the OpenOffice user guides and tutorials.
Saving OpenOffice files to use with Microsoft Office
If you have a licensed copy of Microsoft Office installed on your personal computer, you can save files from OnDemand to your personal computer and open them up in Microsoft Office.
- In the OpenOffice file, click File > Save As.
- In the Save in drop-down list, select the S drive, which contains your site number.
- Enter the File Name and click Save.
- In the OnDemand main menu, open File Manager. The IDS File Manager displays.
- In the Address drop-down list, select the S drive.
- Right-click on the file name, then click Copy.
- In the Address drop-down list, select your local hard drive.
- Right-click in the window and select Paste to transfer the file to your local hard drive.