Advanced Reports Writing Guide
With the Advanced Report Writer (ARW), you can create customized reports from the ground up, using elements of report design and programming.
You can embed code in reports to control and format the information that prints. You can also use Pascal scripting language to create additional layout windows and control events around reports. Although some programming knowledge is helpful, it's not required to create ARW reports.
This guide assumes that you're familiar with the PDS program you're working in, basic mouse operation, as well as standard Windows menus, toolbars, and command buttons.
- Creating an Advanced Report
- Report Properties and Settings
- The Report Editor
- Report Tree and Data Tree
- Embedding Code and Data
- Embedding Lists in Letters
- Creating Multiple Letters in One
- Printing Letters in Multiple Languages
- Scripting Language
- Accessing and Adding Screens
- Special Sorts
- Exporting Fields Using Scripting
- Importing Data With Scripting
- Exercises and Example Project
Looking for something specific? Search this guide.