To install our software, your computer should meet the specifications below. Our products have been tested using the recommended system requirements on this page. However, because computing environments and internet service vary so widely, these system requirements are provided without guarantee. Your computer performance will vary based on hardware configurations, network traffic, and local workstation settings.
View the OnDemand requirements, including recommendations for networks.
Single PC Recommendations
- Operating System: Windows® 10 (32-bit and 64-bit compatible)
- CPU (Processor): Multi-core
- RAM (Memory): 4 GB or greater
- Internet Connection: High speed
- Internet Browser: Latest, stable version of Microsoft Internet Explorer®, Microsoft Edge®, Chrome®, Safari®, or Firefox®
- Available Disk Space: 4 GB - Less than 1000 people records; 6 GB - More than 1000 people records
- Screen Resolution: 1024 x 768
- Operating System: Windows Server® 2012
- CPU (Processor): 2 GHz or greater with multi-core
- RAM (Memory): 4 GB or greater
- Network Card: 100 Base T Full Duplex with Switch
- Available Disk Space: 2 GB - Less than 1000 people records; 5 GB - More than 1000 people records
A Windows machine must serve as your ACS, HeadMaster, or PDS server. Network-Attached Storage (NAS) devices are not supported.
ACS Technologies recommends using a tray-fed laser or inkjet printer that is compatible with the system requirements provided above. Laser and inkjet printers are also suitable if driver support is available for the associated operating system.
- We recommend using only scanners purchased from ACS Technologies.
- The MICR Image Reader works only with the desktop version of ACS.
For all software, ACS Technologies recommends using 17-inch monitors, which are designed at 96 dpi. Widescreen monitors may cause some software to look different on a 17-inch monitor, unless dpi settings are modified.
As ACS Technologies moves more products and services to the Web, we recommend a high speed internet connection using the latest, stable version of Microsoft Internet Explorer®, Chrome®, Safari®, or Firefox®. While an internet connection is not required for using the basic features of the ACS desktop products, some are not available without an internet connection. These features include, but are not limited to, the following products and functions:
- Access ACS™
- Facility Scheduler
- ACS Sync
- ACS LiveStor™
- CASS It\!/MAX It\!®
- Sending E-mails via Constant Contact
- Remote Deposit Capture
- Safeguard Background Check processing
- Downloading product upgrades
- Downloading tax updates
- Help Centers
When uploading records and accepting change requests, Access ACS & PDS Connects use Active X controls and requires Microsoft Internet Explorer® as the browser. All other functions in Access ACS can be completed using any recommended browser.
For more information, visit our Help Centers.
We recommend our products to be installed and operated on a terminal server or on a peer-to-peer network.
Our products can function properly in a wireless network environment, however, due to the wide variance of connection speeds, performance may vary and cause the reliability of the software to be negatively affected.
Microsoft End of Life Policy
ACS Technologies adheres to Microsoft's life-cycle policy for operating systems. As a system approaches its end-of-life date, ACS Technologies recommends upgrading your operating system. Once an operating system is no longer supported by Microsoft, we can no longer support that system. This does not mean that products will not work on a retired operating system, but it does mean that, should a problem occur that would require an update for a retired operating system, we cannot provide support assistance for clients using those operating systems.