After program security is in place, a user name is required to enter the program, and only a security administrator with all access to Users & Passwords can make changes to this section. This is the easiest and most reliable way to safeguard your data.
You can control access to each area of the program. As you select access privileges for each program category and its subcategories, note that a subcategory can have a more restrictive access level than its parent category.
However, subcategories cannot have less restrictive access than parent categories. For example, a user can have all access to the Families program area but have no access or view-only access to Family windows and reports.
To set access and privileges, on the Administration tab, click Users & Passwords.
- Locate the user you want to assign access to.
- In the navigation pane, click Access and Privileges.
For each program area listed, select an access option. See the Additional Field Information below for more on these options.
If you select No Access for the Delete permission of any category, the user can still delete information on a record using the delete iconif he or she has all access to the category. For example, if Sally has all access to the Families category but no access to Delete Families, she can delete a family's phone number but cannot delete the family's record.
Individual Fund Access
You can also control access to any funds you have set up in the program.
- In the Users & Passwords window, locate the user you want to assign fund access to.
- In the navigation pane, click Individual Fund Access.
- For each fund listed, select an access option. See the Additional Field Information below for more on these options.