With mobile access, your staff view your diocesan contact information on an AndroidTM phone or an Apple® iPhone®, iPad®, or iPod touch®.
Information can only be edited within Church Office, then synchronized to DioOffice before being viewed on the app. PDS Mobile is a viewer, so data isn't stored on your mobile device.
Setting What Users Can View
An administrator must give Mobile Access privileges to each PDS user in order for them to view information. Navigate to Administration > Users and Passwords > Access and Privileges. Under Mobile Access, set the access permissions in each section for the user.
After users have access rights, upload the mobile information to the PDS web service. Optionally, you can synchronize your diocesan data.
- On the Parishes & Facilities tab, click Data Transfer > Set the Options Used in Synchronization.
- On the Mobile Access tab, select the information you want to publish to PDSMobile, and select what parish staff can access.
- Click Save.
- When prompted to update the web service, click Yes.
- When the update is complete, click Close.
- To ensure your staff is viewing the latest data, you can run the Diocesan Synchronization.
Logging In to PDSMobile
After you upload the mobile data, users can log in to the Mobile Application at www.parish.mobi using the same user name and password used to log in to PDS DioOffice. The Organization ID is the PDS site number for your diocese. For more on how to use the app, see View Contact Information on Mobile Devices.