With this process, you can verify that the program does not contain data discrepancies. The program and data files can develop discrepancies as a result of improper system shutdown, operating system failure, hard drive failure, computer virus infection, network failure, or other computer complications. To minimize this risk, back up your data regularly.
This process can repair some small problems with the data. If severe discrepancies exist, you can restore data from a recent backup. If this happens, however, all information entered since the last backup is lost.
- On the menu at the top, click Test/Fix > Fix Damaged Data.
- If the "index out of date" error displays, select Reindex Tables.
- To remove empty space in the data tables, select Pack Tables.
- Click Fix Data. After the process is finished, a summary report displays.
- When you're finished, click Close.