8.0H Release 6-28-17
We recommend updating to Formation Office 8.0H, which offers the following enhancements.
Grades on Permanent Records
We changed the Grade keyword to a text box on students' permanent records. This way, permanent records are not affected by changes you make to the Grades keyword list.
Now, if you remove, combine, or edit a grade in the keyword list, the permanent record keeps the original value you set.
Improved Class Selections
online registration form.
We improved the way you select classes when creating the
You can easily find the classes you want with the new Year/Period drop-down list.
It could be a hassle to re-select classes if you were just updating one thing, like the form introduction text. So we changed the default class selections. Now, when you create the next form, your previously selected classes are marked by default.
In addition, you're now prompted to confirm the selected classes.
Show/Hide Email Option
Email Instead of Mail check box on the online registration form.
You can now show or hide the
When creating the form, you can include or exclude the option for family, head, spouse, and students.
Policy Compliance Changes
Policy Compliance as a general reason for change.
Paid and Pledged Fund Summary
Fund > Fund Summary, and you can select the paid and/or pledged fields for the fund(s) you want.
Now, it's easier to print the amounts paid and the amounts pledged for a selected fund period. When selecting your fields to print in a list report, go to
Return to top
We fixed the following issues that affected some of our clients.
- When checking online registrations, if you marked all information on the database side, the student was not registered for the class that the family selected on the form. Now, if the data doesn't list a class but the form does, the check box won't show up on the class line so the student is registered properly.
- When updating their information online, families could submit the registration without filling in some required fields.
- PDS was still producing 3-digit mail trays, which were discontinued as of January 2017. We've updated the program to reflect the standards for Traying Sequence (245.7.5).
- If you included student user keywords on the online registration form, only the first keyword was showing for the head and spouse when selecting which fields were included/required.
- When adding a new family during the Payment/Donation Entry quick posting, you had to enter the name twice.
- The eGiving Check Batch Status was incorrectly reporting that some records could not be found at Vanco.
- An error displayed when running reports if you had duplicate fund periods.
Return to top