8.1B Release 10-12-17
We recommend updating to Formation Office 8.1B, which offers the following enhancements.
Divorced Sacrament Status
We added a status of "Divorced" under member sacraments.
This status works like Annulled and Widowed. Once you change the status to Divorced and click Save, the marriage information moves to the Date List, and the information on the Marriage tab is cleared out.
Remove Family Keywords During Quick Posting
Family Keywords quick posting, you can now remove existing keywords from family records.In the
Manage Students from Class List
Now you're able to add or remove a student from a class when you're on the class list.
New Head and Spouse Fields
We added a bunch of fields for Head and Spouse similar to the Father and Mother fields. These pull information from the head and spouse regardless of gender.
You can find the new fields under Fam > Fam - Detail in the List of Fields to Print.
Future Vanco Pledges
Let's say your parishioner sets up a pledge for 01/01/18 - 06/30/18. You can go ahead and pull that information in as soon as it's entered at Vanco instead of waiting until January. That way, you can send a Thank You note as soon as they pledge.
Hiding Family Pledge Amounts
At some parishes, volunteers enter family contributions. An administrator can now give volunteer users the ability to view and edit the windows they need without seeing how much donors have pledged.
Users & Passwords window, select the access level for Show Terms/Rates.In the
Warning When Changing Class Names
Now you'll see a message when you change a class name, just to confirm that you want to change it.
This only applies if you've selected Warn if Change ID or Name in the Initial Setup window.
Revised Notification Format
We revised the format of sacrament notifications. To apply the new format, you must reload the text on each report. Here's how to do that:
- Update to the latest version of Formation Office.
- In Sacramental Registers, go to the register you want to update.
- On the left, click Print Notification.
- On the Overview menu, click Modify the Body of the Letter.
- At the bottom of the Edit window, click Reload Default Text.
- Click OK.
- Repeat this for each register.
Copy/Paste Lists into Additional Selections
Let's say you have a spreadsheet with a list of ID numbers for new families. If you want to run a report for those families, you don't have to re-type all those numbers. Instead, you can copy the list and paste it into additional selections.
This applies to any additional selection field that allows you to enter text, and in quick postings.
Additional Log Changes
Log of User Activity. When you edit or remove certain information, it displays in the log so you can track changes.We added a few more actions that get tracked in the
Save Navigation Order
When you navigate Sacramental Register records, you've always been able to select an Order By option. Now, your selection can be saved for the next time you visit this window instead of resetting to the default view.
Initial Setup window, select Save Order when Exit Program.In the
Optional IDs for Online Registration
Since ID numbers are optional to use in Formation Office, you can make them optional on the online registration form.
Online Registration Default Phone Type
The family phone number now defaults to blank instead of Home. The family can select which type of phone number they enter when they register.
myEoffering in eGiving
eGiving, you can now post files from myEoffering.In
We fixed the following issues that affected some of our clients.
- If you entered a different place for Confirmation, it was being copied to the place of Baptism.
- After clicking the Map button for an address, you couldn't access Google Street View.
- From member sacraments, notations were not printing in order if you reordered the sacrament tabs.
- If you changed a sacrament tab name, the Marriage link was displaying twice in the Sacramental Register navigation menu.
- Inactive classes were not displaying in red text in the search drop-down list.
- When combining duplicate members, the warning about red text incorrectly displayed if Baptism wasn't selected on the right side.
- When searching by partial name, a birth date was displaying for the family.
- If you changed the volume, page, or entry in the Sacramental Register field view, the new values weren't applied until you refreshed the screen.
- If you entered a space after an ID number, the record was not displaying when you searched by ID.
- When adding a new sacrament place, you could not use the shortcut key 'O' to save.