Before setting up users and passwords, you can print the User Access and Privileges form for each person in your organization. On the Administration tab, click Users & Passwords, and click Print Worksheet in the navigation pane.
While planning, consider the following points:
- Although it isn't required, we recommend that more than one user function as a security administrator. Security administrators should have a security setting of All Access to all program areas.
- A user who's also a security administrator has the authority to assign, edit, and delete other users and their access privileges.
- Users need a security setting of All Access or View Only Access to the Users and Passwords area in order to change their user name, password, or phone number, or to edit fields on the User Preferences tab. For example, users need to change the way they enter names in the program. Otherwise, a security administrator has to change it for them.
- A user with a security setting of All Access to the Users and Passwords area can't open the Access and Privileges window unless the user is also a security administrator.
- A security administrator can make changes to information in any User Detail window.