When trying to open an Office program, this error displays:
"$2108 error initializing the Borland database engine"
Products affected: PDS Church Office, Formation Office, and School Office
Versions affected: Any
Check to make sure that the BDE (BDEAdmin.exe) is installed in the correct location. The correct location is C:\Program Files\Common Files\Borland Shared\BDE.
If the file exists in this directory, then it is installed in the proper location. The next step is to check the BDE settings.
The BDE is configured automatically during your PDS program installation. You can perform the following steps if there is a need to the manually configure the BDE.
Serious problems can occur if you modify the configuration settings incorrectly. Make sure you follow the steps carefully. This is not a program registry entry. For added protection, back up the Windows Registry before you edit it.
- On your Windows Taskbar, click Start > Control Panel.
- Select the drop-down list beside View by:, and select Large Icons.
- Locate and click BDE Administrator.
- On the Configuration tab, expand System, then click INIT.
On the Definition tab, verify the following settings. (You may see a partial list of these.)
Field Value LOCAL SHARE TRUE MAXFILEHANDLES 1024 SHAREDMEMLOCATION 1024 SHAREDMEMSIZE 8192 MAXBUFSIZE
MEMSIZE 64 MTS POOLING TRUE
- On the toolbar, click Object, then Close.
If the program still shows a BDE error, try reinstalling it.
If the BDE is not installed in this folder, then another program has installed the BDE and the PDS programs can not use it properly.
If this is the case, the PDS program detected the presence of an older version of the Borland DB Engine (BDE) interface as it attempted to install a newer version.
This is sometimes caused when the workstation already has Corel/Word Perfect installed, which includes their own version of the BDE. Try to locate the program that installed the BDE in this other location and temporarily uninstall it.
Delete the Borland folder then reinstall PDS and the Corel/Word Perfect program.
- On the Windows taskbar, right-click Start, then select Explore.
- Expand My Computer, then expand Local Disk (C:).
- Select Program Files.
- Locate and select the Borland folder. This folder is titled "BDE" and contains the BDEAdmin executable (C:\Program Files\BORLAND\COMMON FILES (or SHARED FILES)).
- Press Delete on the keyboard.
- Answer Yes to the confirmation message that displays.
- Reinstall the program using the installation CD or download from the Internet. This will reinstall the BDE.
- If you removed any other programs in Path B, reinstall them now. These programs should not have a problem accessing the BDE in the new location.
If the error persists, contact PDS Support at 1-877-737-4457.