Your addresses must meet the USPS regulations for your mailings to qualify for these postal discounts:
- Carrier Route Rates – Addresses must be matched with CASS-certified software that supplies eLOT at least 90 days in advance.
- Bulk Mail – Carrier route sorting must meet the reformed postal sorting requirements for eLOT. eLOT identifies the order in which a postal carrier can deliver the mail. The data required for eLOT is included in CASS It!.
- Automation Rate Mailings – Addresses must be matched using CASS-certified software at least six months before mailing.
To use the service, you must purchase a registration code and a monthly subscription by calling 800-892-5202. Find out more about PDS CASS It.
On the File menu, click Bulk Mail/CASS > Check Addresses for Common Errors.
To check addresses for errors
- To begin, click Next.
- Select an option for checking the addresses.
- Select the families you want to include in your certification.
If you're checking only certain families, add conditions to filter records you want to process.
- Select to include active, inactive, or all families, and click Next.
- If errors are found, the addresses that need to be corrected will display. Print the list to reference when you make your corrections.
- Click Finish.