To use the service, you must purchase a registration code and a monthly subscription by calling 800-892-5202. Find out more about PDS CASS It.
On the File menu, click Bulk Mail/CASS > CASS It! Certification.
To verify bulk mailing addresses using CASS It!
This process alters data. We recommend backing up your data before proceeding.
- To begin, click Next.
- Select an option for checking the addresses.
Select the families you want to include in your certification. If you want to select certain families, add conditions to filter the list.
- Select to include active, inactive, or all families, and click Next.
- Select any additional options you want to perform. For more on these options, see the Additional Field Information below.
- Click Begin CASS.
- If any addresses fail to be certified, they display in the summary. See more on the common errors below. Print the list to reference when you make your corrections.
- Click Finish.
Common Failure Errors
Some common errors for addresses that fail CASS certification include:
- Failed DVP because of invalid PO, RR, or HC Box number - PO, RR, or HC box number is not valid.
- Failed DVP because of invalid primary - Primary street number does not exist.
- Primary number invalid - Primary street number does not exist.
- Street name invalid - No such street for that city and state exists.
- Primary range is missing - The street address line does not have a specific house number.
NCOA - Optional - Extra Fees Apply
Update an address change to ensure that you're compliant with the USPS. If you want to report an NCOA change without changing the address in PDS, also select Report NCOA Changes Instead of Making the Change. NCOA processing is an add-on feature to CASS It and includes additional fees to your monthly subscription. For more information, contact a PDS solutions consultant at 1-800-892-5202.
Geocode Addresses - Optional
If you have Geocoding, select this to update the longitude and latitude to reflect the new address. Use this data with your choice of third-party mapping software. Geocoding is an add-on feature to CASS It and includes additional fees to your monthly subscription. For more information, contact a PDS solutions consultant at 1-800-892-5202.
Perform Zip+4 and Delivery Point Encoding
Update ZIP Codes with the additional four-digit suffix, and add the delivery point encoding.
Perform Street Address Standardization
Remove punctuation from addresses and shorten the direction indicators and street names.
Generate the Previous Certification File
If you don't want to run CASS It or NCOA processes, you can load the file that was created the last time you ran the process. You can then view a summary and print the forms.