When someone joins a connect group, the new participant and the connect agent experience two completely different faces of the same group page, sort of like a two-way mirror. To the member, it looks like the agent is the only one in the group. This group is just a welcome message between them and the agent, who works to help them get connected into a community or service group. The member can access the message through the groups menu or the messages page.
The agent can see tools used to serve the newcomer and manage the rest of the connect team. This array of features is broken into four tabs to help the agent quickly flip from task to task, helping multiple newcomers get connected at the same time.
Connect Group Quickstart Guide
In This Section
- Connect Agent
- Connect Group Settings
- Create a Welcome Message for a Connect Group
- Invite Someone to a Connect Group
- Activate the Connect Kiosk
- Advertise Groups You Want Users to Self Join
- Change Group Roles in a Connect Group
- Customize Connect Group Stages
- Attach Notes to a Connect Group Participant
- Change a Participant's Stage in a Connect Group
- Message a Connect Group Participant
Things to Remember
can password protect the connect kiosk so only church sanctioned volunteers can access it at events. However, they can also opt to leave it open to anyone wanting to join the church's City from any computer. If your church's connect kiosk is open, you can reach it and sign up for an account at yourchurchname.onthecity.org/kiosk.