On February 28, 2019, we're saying goodbye to The City, but we have something even better for you in Realm.
Events are one of the clearest lines between life in The City and life outside because they represent real-world activities. For this reason, they're one of the fundamental pieces of City interaction.
Create an Event
You can create a new event from any group page or your City's newsfeed.
To create a new event
- In the left navigation menu, click News.
- Click Start a New Post, and then click Event.
- Click Select a Group and select the group name from the drop-down list.
- Enter the event's Title.
- Set up the Date & Time.
- Select the Start Date and Start Time.
- Select the End Date and End Time.
- Events must start and end on the same date.
- If you want the event to recur, select your desired recurrence from the +Repeats drop-down menu. Then select the When and Until frequency options.
- Click + change the location . Choose a previously used address from the drop-down menu or click Custom address to create a new one.
- Enter the Event Description. Use the text formatting tools to make your message look the way you want.
- Set up Items & Roles.
- Click + add an item to bring and enter items you need someone to volunteer to contribute, along with the quantity. Repeat as necessary.
- If you have roles to fill, expand + add a role to fill, then enter a role. Repeat as necessary.
- Invite guests.
- Select Allow this post to be shared if you’d like to share this post with other groups.
- Select Publicize on The City Plaza to choose Plaza options.
- Attach a file to the event.
- Click Advanced Options.
- Click + Add a File.
- Click Choose File to browse for what you want.
- Repeat this process to add more files.
- Click Post This!.
Edit or Share an Event
If you need to change or add something after you create the event, return to the event to edit it.
If you designated the event as shareable during creation, click share the event with other people or groups.to
Things to Remember
- When you create the event, you must designate it as shareable or posted to the Plaza. You can't change the event's shared status after you create the event.