On February 28, 2019, we're saying goodbye to The City, but we have something even better for you in Realm.
Named after the place at the center of town where everyone meets to exchange goods and share ideas, the Plaza is the public-facing side of your City that allows you to share posts with the world outside your church. This is a great way to introduce your friends and family to all the things going on at your church.
To send a post to the Plaza
- When creating a new post, select Allow this post to be shared and then select Publicize on The City Plaza.
- In the drop-down menu that appears, determine the post's publicity on the Plaza.
- Private URL creates a Plaza page for this post. This page is only accessible via a secret URL given to you and your group. No one can access your post without that address; it isn't linked to from anywhere else on the Plaza, and search engines can't find it. Use this method, for example, to invite people to an event with a closed guest list.
- Publicly Listed is the setting to choose when you want to make the post browseable, openly accessible to anyone who visits your church's Plaza. The purpose of this kind of post is to freely welcome anyone in the surrounding community into the life, discussions, and happenings of your group.
- Finally, click Post This! to finish the post.
When you first create content, you must designate it as shareable or posted to the Plaza. Once content exists, these sharing/posting options are no longer available. The reason for this is that people in the originating group may respond to it with private or sensitive information. If that content thread is then shared or made public, we have violated the trust of the responder, so the inability to send something to the Plaza or share it after it's been made is a safety precaution for those who have replied or will.
Things to Remember
- The Plaza is an optional feature and is only accessible if an account administrator activated it. Which elements are accessible may vary from City to City for the same reason.
When adding a picture to a Plaza post, ensure it is not more than 632px wide.
Because of their extra level of content security, encrypted groups can't post to the Plaza.