In HeadMaster, a course contains a name and general description of a prescribed program or class that may or may not have prerequisites. Setting up courses in HeadMaster is optional. However, if you intend to publish a course catalog, or, if you plan to import or export from a master scheduling program, you must set up courses. For information about exporting data to FCS™ (a master scheduler program), see Export to Full Control Scheduler.
Prior to adding courses, you should:
- Set up Grading Periods.
- Set up Grading Scales.
- Set up Subjects.
- Set up Departments.
- Have a list of courses and the course prerequisites readily available.
- On the Home screen, click Courses.
- On the toolbar, click New. The Course window appears with the Main tab selected.
- Enter the course details.
- Click the Settings tab. Make your selections.
- Click the Description tab. Make your selections.
- Click the Prerequisites tab. Select up to two courses that are required prior to taking the course you're entering.
- Click OK.