With some prior planning, you can associate unit numbers with predefined actions taken in the Define Lists window. Then, when you select an action taken in the student’s behavior record, the number of units previously associated with that action automatically fills the record.
You can still change the unit number in the Behavior window if you need to.
- On the Home Screen, click Define List.
- Under Available Fields, expand the Behavior category and click Action Taken.
- In the list of available actions, select an action and click Edit. The Behavior Action Taken dialog box displays.
- In the Units field, enter a number (negative or positive) and click OK.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 for each action.
- When finished associating units with actions, in the Define List window, click OK to close.
Sometimes a student receives demerits but performs work to reduce them. In cases like this, you can enter a negative number of units to reduce the demerit totals. The Behavior Summary report will display and subtract the negative demerits from the overall total.