Generating invoices from billing codes is the most convenient and often used method for generating invoices. It allows you to create invoices for specific fees instead of including all fees owed by a student. For example, you can create separate invoices for tuition and aftercare fees.
To generate invoices from billing codes
- On the Home screen, click Enter/Post Transactions.
- Select Generate Invoices from Billing Codes, and click Next.
- To limit or refine the list of available codes displayed under Billing Codes, set up filter options.
- Billing Codes - To filter by billing code name, begin entering the name of the code in the Billing Code field. As you type, the list filters based on the text you entered. For example, if you type the letter "T," the grid displays billing codes with descriptions that start with "T."
- Revenue Centers - To filter by revenue center, click the Revenue Center drop-down list.
- Frequency - To filter by frequency (weekly, monthly, or yearly), click the Frequency drop-down list.
- Under Invoice Options, enter a Description, Invoice Date, and Due Date. The description and dates will print on your invoices. If you don't enter a description, the billing code description is used for the invoices.
- After filter options are applied, all remaining billing codes display in the Billing Codes list. To select a billing code to generate invoices for, click on the code name.
- Click Next.
- Before posting transactions, we recommend that you print a Proof List of invoices. Review this list for errors and add, edit, or delete while on this window.
- When you're ready to post transactions, click Post.