There are default grade levels (K4 through 12) available in HeadMaster to which any of your current students can be assigned. You can use these default grade levels, or change them to meet your needs.
On the Home screen, click Define List. In the available fields pane, click Student > Grade Level.
You can also add grade levels to the default grade level list.
- Click Add.
- In Grade Level Description, enter the name of the grade level. For example, enter K5 for Kindergarten or 1 for Grade 1.
- In the Grade Level Number drop-down list, select the traditional grade level to be used when calculating permanent records. For example, for 12th grade, select 12. Note: For levels below first grade, select <None>.
- Click OK.
- When you finish entering grade levels, click OK.
You can add a grade level named “Graduated”, and promote seniors to this level so that you can easily locate and update graduated seniors if you don't have HeadMaster Pro.
Make sure that the grade levels in the list are in ascending order so that at the end of the year when you run the promotion utility, the students will be promoted to the correct grade. Use the Move Up and Move Down arrows to reorder grade levels.
You can edit the grade level list by adding or deleting entire grade levels, or you can edit the description and grade level number for each particular grade level within the default list.
- Double-click the grade level you want to change.
- Change the Grade Level Description, and select the appropriate Grade Level Number.
- When you finish editing grade levels, click OK.
You can also delete grade levels.
- Click the grade level you want to remove from the list.
- Click Delete > Yes.
- When you finish deleting grade levels, click OK.