You can post attendance for one grade level or the entire school using the School Attendance Assistant.
To post attendance for the entire school using the School Attendance Assistant, select ALL in the Grade Level list. Students in all grade levels display and are made available for attendance markings.
If you use the Check In/Check Out feature in HeadMaster, you shouldn't use the School Attendance Assistant. For more information about Check In/Out, see Manage Check In and Check Out Procedures.
- On the Home screen, click School Attendance.
- Enter a date in the Mark Date field, or click Select Date.
- Optional: To filter by a specific grade level, select a Grade Level in the Grade Level drop-down list.
Optional: To filter by teacher, select a name from the Homeroom Teacher drop-down list.
If you use Classroom Manager and you log in as a teacher, you will only see your student list.
- By default, every student is set to Present. To mark any other attendance type, select an attendance code.
- Double-click each student’s name to change the attendance mark to the code you selected.
- If the student doesn't want to order lunch, clear the Hot Lunch check box. Note: When a student is marked absent, the Hot Lunch check box is cleared automatically.
- Optional: You can select or add a reason code for the student’s tardiness or absence from the Reason Code list next to the student's name. Examples include: Doctor, Sick, Funeral, or Dentist.
- Repeat steps 5, 6, and 7 for each attendance code you want to use.
- To save attendance markings, click OK.
You can also right-click a student’s name and select an attendance code.