Once you promote a database, it cannot be "unpromoted". Back up your data before you begin the promotion routine.
All other users must exit HeadMaster prior to you running the promotion utility.
- Click Create Backup. The Database Utilities dialog box displays.
- Click Browse to select the location where save the backup.
- Select any other options you want.
- Click Backup.
If you use HeadMaster Billing, only unpaid invoices and outstanding credits transfer when promoting students to the new year when you select to post current balances to the next year. Any students, active or inactive, with an outstanding debit or credit balance transfer to the new data set. Multiple invoices for the same billing code combine into one transaction for the total billed amount, and the invoice date is the date of the most recent invoice from the original data set.
For partially paid invoices, only the remaining balance transfers to the new data set. All credit balances are attached to family records with the original payment date.
If any promoted Alumni have an outstanding balance, they remain on the student grid and are labeled as Inactive with a blank grade level. These Alumni print on all Billing reports that include Inactive students.
- In the Utility Manager, click Promote.
- Select a data set, and click Next.
Enter the new database name. For example, if the old data set was named 08-13 the new name would be 09-14. The New Database Name is limited to 8 characters.
You will use multiple data sets only if you are promoting students from elementary to middle or high school and the students are stored in different data sets.
- Click Next.
- Verify the order of the new grade level.
- For the last grade level, select either Do Not Promote or Alumni.
- Click Next.
- Make your selections, and click Finish.