|title||To create a billing code for a discount rate|
- On the Home screen, click Define List.
- Click Billing > Billing Codes.
- Select the original billing code (the one you want to base a discount rate on), and click New Discount. This automatically adds a "-D" to the code and "Discounted" to the description. You can edit these fields, if necessary.
- Enter the Discount Amount. If you need to calculate the dollar amount based on a percentage, click . Enter a percentage, such as "5" and click OK. HeadMaster will calculate the dollar amount and enter it in the discount field for you. The Amount field displays the Regular Amount less the Discount Amount. This field cannot be edited.
- Click OK.
Updating Revenue Centers attached to Billing Codes
|title||To enter a designated payment|
- On the Home screen, click Enter/Post Transactions.
- Select Enter/Post Payments, and click Next.
- Click Select Family drop-down list, and select the family you want to post a payment for.
- Enter a Description.
- Click the Payment Type drop-down list, and select a payment type (cash, check, etc.). Enter a Check# if applicable.
- Enter a Payment Date, or click to select one from the calendar.
- Enter the Amount.
- Under Payment Posting Options, select the Enter a Designated Payment option and click to select a billing code.
- Click Next.
- The Enter/Post Transactions window displays the total number of payments and the total amount of payments to post. Select one of the following:
- To print a proof list of payments entered, click Print.
- To add a payment, click New.
- To edit a payment, click Edit.
- To delete a payment, click Delete.
- To post payments, click Post.
- To exit without posting payments, click Close. This saves your work and you can return to add more payments later.
- In the Enter Posting Data dialog box, enter a Posting Month, Posting Year, and Transaction Memo description. This information determines what month and year the transactions will apply once they are imported into ACS General Ledger. Click OK.
When the Posting Complete window displays, click a report button to select one of three available reports: Receipts, Deposit Ticket, or GL Distribution Report. You may print one or all of these reports.
Once you close the Posting Complete window, you will not be able to view these reports again. To return to the initial Enter/Post transactions window after printing the report, select the Would you like to enter more transactions? check box before you preview the report. Click OK.
The image below displays an example of a designated payment.
Posting HeadMaster Transactions in the ACS General Ledger