If a service charge is listed on your bank statement, you need to post the transaction to your checking account. You can enter the service charge while you are reconciling your statement in ACS, or you can enter the service charge through General Ledger Add/Edit Transactions.
|title||To enter a service charge transaction|
- Under Manage Records, select the Transactions tab.
- In the drop-down list, select General Ledger Transactions and click Go .
- Click Add/Edit Transactions, then click Add.
- Select Service Charge as your transaction source.
- Enter a Checking Account. Click Lookup to select an account in the drop-down list.
- Verify that the posting month and year is correct. Click the up and down arrows to change the posting period.
- If this is a reconciled transaction, select Reconciled.
- Enter a reference number or click Next to assign the next available reference number.
- Enter or select the date the bank posted the service charge to your account.
- Enter the service charge amount.
- If necessary, enter a description in the Memo field. Select Autofill Text? to display text from previous transactions in the Memo field. When adding additional transactions and entering text in that field, entries from the previous transactions in the session display in a drop-down list.
- Enter the general ledger account to debit, or click Lookup to select an account.
- Click OK.
|title||To enter a service charge transaction with multiple credit or debit accounts|
- Follow the steps above to enter the initial check information.
- Click the Ledger tab.
- In the credits Account field, enter a general ledger account number, or click Lookup to select an account.
- Enter the amount to credit to the account entered in step #3.
- In the debits Account field, enter a general ledger account number, or click Lookup to select an account.
- Enter the amount to debit the account entered in step #5.
- Repeat these steps to balance the transaction, then click OK.