If you entered a transaction, you can edit it. If a transaction is open, you can edit any fields. You can also right-click on the entry to delete an account distribution.
- If you're editing a posted General Ledger transaction has been posted, you can edit change the date, reference number, explanation, posting month, project code, and comment.
- To avoid voiding and If you're editing a Contributions or Payroll transaction, you can change the date and post month/year. For Accounts Receivable transactions, you can only edit the date.
- To avoid voiding and reentering checks, you can also edit general fields such as the transaction date and post month on checks checks posted from the from the Accounts Payable and and Payroll modules modules.
See the the Accounts Payable FAQs for for instructions to correct check numbers on posted checks as well as checks voided to the wrong months.
Other ACS users can view transactions you entered but cannot edit them unless they have rights to to Edit All Users Transactions in in Add/Edit Users.
To edit a transaction
- Under Manage Records, select the the Transactions tab tab.
- In the drop-down list, select select General Ledger Transactions and click Go and click Go .
- Click Click Add/Edit Transactions.
- Select the transaction that you want to change, and click click Edit.
- Make your changes to the transaction, and click click OK.