In Accounts Payable, you can memorize invoices that are entered frequently so you do not have to enter them multiple times. You can enter regular or scheduled memorized invoices.
When adding a memorized invoice, you'll need to enter vendor and payment information first. By default, if a vendor has multiple invoices when payments are generated, all invoice amounts are combined into one sum. The vendor receives one check for the total amount. When you select the Pay Separate option, ACS prints a separate check for each invoice.
In the Distribution section, determine the number of expense and checking accounts you want to use and which accounts to use.
If you assigned an expense account to the vendor, ACS inserts the account code in the expense account field (Exp Acct). To select a different account, click Lookup . If you selected Enable Fund Accounting in Accounts Payable Setup, ACS inserts the fund's account code in the checking account field (Chk Acct).
To change the account code in the distribution, click Lookup to select another account. If you enter a checking account from a different fund, a crossing funds message displays.
|title||To add a memorized invoice|
- Under Manage Records, click the Transactions tab.
- In the drop-down list, select Accounts Payable Invoices and click Go .
- Click Memorized Invoices, then Add.
- In the Vendor field, enter the vendor's name or click Lookup to select a vendor.
- Enter an invoice Description.
- Enter an Invoice Number or click Next to assign the next available invoice number for the selected vendor. To assign the same invoice number each time you generate the memorized invoice for payment, select Retain?.
- Enter the Invoice Amount. If your organization offers a discount to the vendor, enter the Partial Amount as well.
- Select one of the following payment options:
- If you want to pay this invoice indefinitely, select Continuous Payments.
- Enter the Number of Payments due on this invoice. Once this number is reached, you cannot generate the invoice again; however, it remains in ACS. If you need to generate the invoice again, you can edit the invoice and increase the number of payments.
- In the drop-down list, select the Invoice Term.
- In the Invoice Description field, enter any information that you want to print in the memo field of the check for this invoice.
- In the drop-down list, select an invoice Frequency.
- To accept the default checking (Chk Acct) and expense (Exp Acct) accounts assigned to the vendor, press ENTER. Or, click Lookup to select a different account.
- In the Amount field, the total amount of the invoice displays. Update this amount if necessary.
- To distribute the invoice to one expense account, press TAB. To distribute the invoice to multiple accounts, enter the amount to distribute to the current account and press TAB.
- When finished, click OK.
|title||Additional Field Information|
Vendor and Payment Fields
- Vendor — There are three ways to select a vendor: enter the name of the vendor and press Enter, right-click to select Lookup by Code and enter a vendor code, or click Lookup to select a vendor.
- Post Month/Year — Displays the current posting month and year. Click the up and down arrows in the Month and Year date boxes to change the posting period.
- Description — Enter the description for the memorized invoice.
- Invoice# — Enter the invoice number. Click Next to assign the next available invoice number for the selected vendor. To assign the same invoice number each time you generate the invoice for payment, select Retain?.
- Invoice Amt — Enter the total amount of the invoice.
- Partial Amt — If necessary, enter a partial payment amount.
- Number of Payments — Enter the number of payments due on the check box. Or, to pay the invoice indefinitely, select Continuous?.
- Pay Separate — To pay this invoice on a separate check, select the check box. If you do not choose this option and there are multiple invoices for the same vendor in a single check run, one check prints with a combined total for all invoices paid to the vendor in this check run.
- 1099? — To include the invoice amount in the vendor's 1099 total, select the check box.
- Invoice Term — Click the down arrow and select the terms of payment offered by the vendor. If you entered the terms of payment on the vendor's record, the terms display.
- Discount Amt — Displays the amount of discount available. You can change the discount amount. Click in the Discount Amt field, and enter a new value. When you change the discount amount, the Term description changes to Other.
- Autofill Text? — Select Autofill Text? to display text from previous invoices in the Invoice Description and Comment fields. When adding additional invoices and entering text in those fields, entries from the previous invoices in the session display in a drop-down list.
- Invoice Description — Enter an invoice memo.
- Frequency — Select an invoice frequency in the drop-down list.
- Exp Acct and Chk Account — Enter the checking and expense accounts. Click Lookup to select an account in the Account Lookup window.
- Amount — Enter the amount of the distribution.
- Proj — If necessary, select a GL project code. This field only displays if Projects In Use is selected in General Ledger Transaction Setup.
- Comment — If necessary, enter a comment for the distribution. Comments print on the check stub, along with the associated expense account and distribution amount. Comments also print on several Accounts Payable reports and display in the Inquiry window when you view Accounts Payable information.
- 1099 Box — Select which box to print the total in on the 1099 form.
- Disbursed — Displays the amount of the invoice that has been disbursed.
- Balance — Displays the amount of the invoice that needs to be disbursed.