To access the Restore feature, point to to Tools, then click click Restore Files, or in the the Tasks section section on the left panel of your LiveStor Service Center, click click Restore files. The Restore Files window displays, and a folder structure displays in the left pane. When you expand the structure, each directory you backed up displays.
You can view different versions of your backup files in the Restore Files window. The The Version column column in the right pane displays the version of each file. The most recent backup version displays as as Current. The next most recent version displays as as version -1. The version prior to that displays as as version -2. The version number is based on the number of days you set in the the Duration field field in the Job Properties window. For example, if you set the duration to 25 days and the file you back up is changed every day, LiveStor stores 25 files — one updated file for each scheduled backup run. The least recent version of the file displays as as version -25.
LiveStor automatically removes the files that are older than 25 days.
When viewing a list of files you can restore, you can sort the list by any of the column headings at the top of the right pane in the Restore Files window. To sort by a column heading, click the heading. For example, if you want to sort the list by file type, click the the Type heading heading. The file list is reorganized by file type.
The available column headings are:
- Name — — The name of the file.
- Size — — The size of the file.
- Type — — The file type, including the file extension.
- Modified — — The date the file was last modified.
- Version — — The LiveStor backup version for the file.
- Status — — The status of the file in LiveStor.
Restoring Files to Their Original Location
To restore files, click click Restore files in the in the Tasks section section of the left panel of your LiveStor Service Center.
To avoid the possibility of overwriting files, you can restore your files to another location. To restore files, click click Restore files in the in the Tasks section section on the left panel of your LiveStor Service Center.
The following are examples of file paths:
- Original File Path — — c:\My Documents\LiveStor Backups
- Alternate Location — — c:\Desktop\LiveStor Restored Files
- Path to the restored file after the restore completes — — c:\Desktop\LiveStor Restored Files\My Documents\LiveStor Backups