In the Add/Edit Customers window, you can easily access and manage information for your customers and their families.
You can add new customers or families, edit existing customers' information, delete customers, print a customer listing, and import individual information from People, Organizations, or HeadMaster if you have purchased these modules.
The Customer and Family tabs in this window let you view your customer listing by individual customers or by family name. Select Show Inactive to view all customers.
The Family tab only displays if Track Family Records is selected on the AR Setup Tab.
- Under Manage Records, click the Records tab.
- In the drop-down list, select Add/Edit Customers. Click Go .
- On the Family tab, click Add.
- Enter the family's Name Information in the Name field. The customer's Mail Name automatically populates when you click in that field, but you can edit it.
- Select the appropriate options in the Receive Statement, Charge Late Fees, and Active check boxes.
- On the Members tab, click Add. You must add each family member to the family.
- In the Code field, enter the customer's code. To use the next available code, click Next.
If the customer exists in the database, click Lookupto select the customer's record and skip to the last step. Make sure to select the Show Inactive check box. If the customer does not have a record in the database, enter the appropriate information in the Name Information fields.
If the Name Information that you enter already exists in the database, the system prompts you to continue adding the record, select the existing record, or cancel adding the record. This prevents you from entering duplicate records into the database.
- Enter the necessary information on the remaining tabs to complete the customer's record.
- After adding the first family member, repeat the process to add each additional family member. After adding all family members, click OK. Each family member is added to the Global Name List automatically when you add them to a family record.