Page tree

You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.

Compare with Current View Page History

« Previous Version 61 Next »

This manual contains tips and step-by-step guidelines to help you complete year-end procedures quickly and efficiently.

In addition, you may want to read about Preparing for Year-End and Backing Up Your Financial Data. Or, select a topic from the list of common year-end tasks or the table of contents. You can also enter a search term to search year-end procedures.

Download a printable version .

Year-End FAQs

 How do I submit corrected W-2s?


Requires ACS version or higher. 

Form W-2c is used to file corrections made to a previously filed W-2.

On the W-2 c tab, you can electronically file Form W-2c.

To electronically file Form W-2c

  1. Under Generate Reports, click the Period End Reports tab.
  2. In the drop-down list, select Payroll 941 and W2s and click Go .
  3. On the W-2 c tab, select the Report Type in the drop-down list.
  4. Select the Year
  5. Verify your organization's Federal Tax ID and State Tax ID numbers. If necessary, enter the tax ID numbers.
  6. To electronically file W-2cs for multiple states, select Multiple States. Then, click Tax IDs to enter state tax IDs for the states you want to electronically file.
  7. Optional: If you want to filter employees by departments, select Department, and click Select.
  8. Optional: If you want to filter by specific employees, select Employees, and click Select.
  9. To electronically file Form W-2c , click Tax E-File .




 How do I include the State ID on 1099s?

In the Form 1099 setup, we added a new option for you to print your state tax ID without withholding state income or state taxes.

 How do I submit a 1099 correction?

If you need to correct your 1099s after they've been printed or e-filed from ACS, you can file a Form 1099 correction under the Period End Reports section.

 Does my state have tax changes for this year?

The following states have tax changes for 2017: Idaho, Illinois, Kansas, and Maine.

 How do I set a vendor to receive a 1099?
 How do I edit a vendor's 1099 totals?

While Form W-2 reports wages, salaries, and tips, Form 1099 MISC reports miscellaneous income paid to independent contractors (nonemployee compensation).

If you've paid an independent contractor $600 or more or royalties over $10 during a calendar year, you should print Form 1099 MISC for that vendor.

Any vendor with invoices marked as 1099 and paid in the selected tax year receives a 1099. If the vendor is marked as a 1099 vendor during setup, all invoices for that vendor are marked as 1099 purchases unless the 1099 option is cleared during invoice entry. For vendors not marked as a 1099 vendor, you can mark an invoice as a 1099 purchase during invoice entry. After entering invoices, you can edit a vendor’s record to add or clear the 1099 option.

When generating Form 1099 MISC, ACS selects only those vendors with purchases totaling $600 or more. To see these vendors, you can print the YTD Purchases List. You can also include deactivated vendors or vendors paid less than $600 or royalties under $10.

Before preparing Form 1099 MISC, we suggest printing the YTD Purchases List and the Check/Invoice Cross Reference report to verify vendor totals. We also recommend printing the forms on blank paper first to check for errors.

To prepare and print Form 1099

  1. Under Generate Reports, click the Period End Reports tab.
  2. In the drop-down list, select Accounts Payable 1099s and 1096, then click Go .
  3. On the Reports tab, select 1099 MISC - Laser Printer1099 MISC Correction - Laser Printer, 1099 MISC - Laser (Blank Paper 4 Part Forms), or 1099 MISC Correction - Laser (Blank Paper 4 Part Forms).
  4. To enter the beginning and ending date range for the 1099 information that you want to include in the 1099 totals, use Print Transactions From and to.
  5. To select report options, click the Setup tab.
  6. Enter Report Options, Tax IDs, and Selection Options.
  7. To preview the 1099s prior to printing, click Preview. To print the 1099s, click Print.

Additional Field Information

Report Options

  • Sort by: — To print 1099s in a particular order, select a sort option.
  • Fed Tax ID and State Tax ID — Verify your federal and state tax ID numbers.

Vendor Options

  • Include Inactive Vendors — To print 1099s for both inactive and active vendors, select this option.
  • Include 1099 Purchases Under $600 and Royalties Under $10 — To print 1099s for vendors with 1099 purchases that total less than $600 and royalties under $10, select this option.
  • Vendor Type — To filter by vendor type, select this option and click Select to choose the vendor types.

Selection Options

  • Vendor Code — To filter by vendor code, enter a range of vendor codes or click Lookup to select Vendor codes.
  • Vendor Name — To filter by vendor names, enter a range of vendor names or click Lookup to select Vendor names.
  • Select Vendors — To filter by specific vendors, select this option. Click Select to choose the vendors.
  • YTD Purchases — Enter a range of year-to-date purchase amounts as the filter.
  • YTD 1099 Purchases — Enter a range of year-to-date 1099 purchase amounts as the filter.
  • Print 1096 — Click to select 1096 information before printing the 1096.

 What can I do if I'm asked to create a new account while tax e-filing?

Maybe your ACS program has been installed on different computers since you tax e-filed last year. But, this year when you try to tax e-file, you're being prompted to create a new account.

Here's what you can do to avoid having to establish a new account (which would cause you to lose your e-filing history):

  1. Click Create Account.
  2. Enter the email address and password associated with the account as well as your organization's site information.
  3. Click OK.

If you can't remember the password, click Forgot Password? and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with the account.

 Do I need to print additional forms if I'm using the 4-part W-2?

Here's the official IRS documentation:

 What can I do if my W-2 envelopes aren't lining up with my W-2s?

Coming soon...