This manual contains tips and step-by-step guidelines to help you complete year-end procedures quickly and efficiently.
In addition, you may want to read about Preparing for Year-End and Backing Up Your Financial Data. Or, select a topic from the list of common year-end tasks or the table of contents. You can also enter a search term to search year-end procedures.
Requires ACS version 126.96.36.199 or higher.
Form W-2c is used to file corrections made to a previously filed W-2.
On the W-2 c tab, you can electronically file Form W-2c.
To electronically file Form W-2c
- Under Generate Reports, click the Period End Reports tab.
- In the drop-down list, select Payroll 941 and W2s and click Go .
- On the W-2 c tab, select the Report Type in the drop-down list.
- Select the Year.
- Verify your organization's Federal Tax ID and State Tax ID numbers. If necessary, enter the tax ID numbers.
- To electronically file W-2cs for multiple states, select Multiple States. Then, click Tax IDs to enter state tax IDs for the states you want to electronically file.
- Optional: If you want to filter employees by departments, select Department, and click Select.
- Optional: If you want to filter by specific employees, select Employees, and click Select.
- To electronically file Form W-2c , click Tax E-File .
In the Form 1099 setup, we added a new option for you to print your state tax ID without withholding state income or state taxes.
If you need to correct your 1099s after they've been printed or e-filed from ACS, you canunder the Period End Reports section.
The following states have tax changes for 2017: Idaho, Illinois, Kansas, and Maine.
Maybe your ACS program has been installed on different computers since you tax e-filed last year. But, this year when you try to tax e-file, you're being prompted to create a new account.
Here's what you can do to avoid having to establish a new account (which would cause you to lose your e-filing history):
- Click Create Account.
- Enter the email address and password associated with the account as well as your organization's site information.
- Click OK.
If you can't remember the password, click Forgot Password? and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with the account.
Here's the official IRS documentation: https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/iw2w3.pdf