Here's an outline of daily, weekly, month-end, quarter-end, and year-end procedures for Payroll. To learn more about a process, we've linked each step to procedures related to that task.
- Gather Payroll information from Time Cards, the Employee Transmittal report or another method of record keeping.
- Enter Time Sheets.
- Print the Time Sheet Journal.
- Print the Payroll Journal.
- Print Payroll Checks.
- Print the Check Register.
- If necessary, Reprint Payroll checks.
- If necessary, Void Payroll checks.
- Post Payroll to General Ledger.
- Finish all daily/weekly procedures.
- Print all desired reports.
- Finish all daily/weekly and end of the month procedures.
- Print Form 941.
- Finish all daily/weekly, end of the month, and end of the quarter procedures.
- Back up all financial data files.
- Print W-2 forms.
- Enter Vacation and Sick Time information for the new year.