If a vendor's information changes, you should update the information on the vendor's record. You can print, change, or delete vendor information at any time.
You can change which address is global, and which is the primary, or mailing address. You can add a new phone number or e-mail address for the vendor or a contact. You can delete a contact and add a new one. On the accounts tab, you can change the general ledger account number for the vendor, or change the setting for the memo.
If the vendor decides to use the ACH for receiving payment, you can add the ACH information on the Payment tab. All of these actions are part of updating a vendor's record even though you are adding new information to an existing record.
If you change the vendor's 1099 status, and the vendor has invoices in ACS, a message displays when you click OK. You must choose one of the following:
- Yes — changes the 1099 flag on all invoices for the vendor to match the new 1099 setting.
- No — leaves the 1099 setting unchanged.
- Cancel — cancels the changes you entered on the vendor's record.
- Under Manage Records, click the Records tab.
- In the drop-down list, select Add/Edit Vendors and click Go .
- Select the vendor record you want to update, then click Edit. If entering the vendor's name to find the vendor, be sure to enter the last name first.
- Make any necessary changes to the vendor's record. To learn about each tab, see Keeping Accurate Vendor Records.
- Click OK.