You can promote specific attendance information at the end of your attendance year and contains the functions to clear the absent and present markings in Attendance. You can promote attendance by division, department, and class by individual or by positions within a class.
Before performing a promotion, make a People backup.
Before clicking Promote, you should print the following reports to ensure promote is successful.
Click on the report's name to read specific procedures for printing it.
To promote Attendance classes
- Under Manage Records, click the Tasks tab.
- In the drop-down list, select Attendance Promotion and click Go .
- Click Start. In the Start Promotion window, in the Master Group drop-down list, select the group to promote.
- Select to Continue Current Master Group or Create New Master Group.
- To create a dropped record in the old group and a new record in the new group, select Copy Current Group Structure.
- To copy any deactivated groups that are in the current group structure, select Include Deactivated Groups and click OK.
- If you are creating a new group structure, enter the name of the new group and click OK.
- In the Promotion window, click Map. In the Promotion Position Map window, make your changes in position promotions, then click Close.
- In the left group pane select the class you want to promote an individual from. To show all levels or deactivated groups, click All Levels and Show Deactivated.
- In the right group pane, select the class you want to promote an individual to.
- In the left roster pane, select the individual to promote and click Add.
- In the Roster Entry window, select the Status and Position you want to promote the individual to, and then click OK.
- Continue to select individuals from the left roster pane, clicking Add after. Be sure to select the Status and Position for each individual, then click OK and Close.
If you select Continue Current Master Group, the Start Date window displays when you click Yes on the confirmation message.
In the Start Promotion window, you can select the Master Group whose individuals you want to promote, and you can select whether to use a current group structure or create a new group structure when promoting.
Displays the Sunday School group with the individuals you want to promote. Select the Sunday School group from the drop-down list.
Continue Current Master Group
Select this option to continue using the same group and transfer individuals with their current markings into the new year. If you select this option, the Start Date window displays after you have completed your roster changes in the Promotion window and click Promotion on the Promotion Main Menu.
Create New Master Group
Select to create a new group when promoting. The options to copy the current group structure and to include deactivated groups become available when you select to create a new group.
Copy Current Group Structure
Select to create a new group with a structure that mirrors the group structure you have already set up. This is a good option if you want to make modifications to an already existing group structure to promote to.
Include Deactivated Groups
Select to include all deactivated groups from the group structure being copied in the new group.
The following conditions apply to Promotion:
- When using "Continue Current Master Group", do not move people who are staying in the same class. If you do, this creates a dropped record for the old year and a new record for the new year, both inside the same existing group, instead of continuing with the one record they had before promotion.
- When using "Continue Current Master Group", you cannot change the start month.
- Using "Create New Master Group" lets you set the start month of the new group.
- Using "Copy Current Group Structure" creates a dropped record in the old group and a new record in the new group. All records that need to be in the new group must be moved during promotion to have a record in the new group.
The Start Date window displays if you selected the Continue Current Master Group option from the Start Promotion menu. Once you complete the necessary steps for Promotion and click Promote from the Promotion Main Menu, you can select a date for the promotion changes to be activated.
The Start Date option that you select determines when the roster changes you selected on the Promotion window become effective. For example, if you select Group Start Date, the date of activation for the promotion roster changes selected is the first day of the designated Start Month for the Master Group you selected to promote from.
Displays the activation date for the promotion roster changes you have selected.
Select this option to set the activation date for the roster changes you selected during promotion as today's date.
Group Start Date
Select this option to set the activation date for the roster changes you selected as the first day of the designated Start Month for the Master Group you selected to promote from. The Group Start Date option is not available if the date is not within 60 days of your current system date. In this case, the Start Date defaults to your current system date.