Alumni are students who have graduated from your school. When a student graduates, you can convert the student record to an alumnus record and retain the information found on the student’s General, Address, Phone, Custom, and Communication tabs. In addition, you can record their graduation date and the college attended.
If a student record doesn't exist for a graduate, you can create a new alumni record.
Alumni can be added to your database in one of three ways:
- You can promote a current student record from the highest available grade level to an Alumni record using the Promotion Utility. For more information, see Promote Students.
- You can use the Actions menu in the Student List window to create an alumni record from a student record. For more information, see Make a Student an Alumnus.
- You can add an individual directly into HeadMaster as an alumnus. For more information, see the procedure below.
To create an alumnus record
- On the Home screen, click Alumni.
- Click New.
- Click each tab to enter information into the appropriate fields.
- To save the record, click OK.