Strong passwords that aren't easy to guess are an important part of your ACS security. Here are some tips for using passwords:
- Don't use familiar names, dates, or other personal data; instead use a combination of characters including letters, numbers, and symbols.
- Don't share your password with others, or use the same one for every program or account.
- Change your password periodically.
Once a password is assigned, only an individual who has security permission for Add/Edit Users can change the password, whether it's their own or someone else's. Passwords can be three to twenty characters long and are not case sensitive.
- Under Advanced Tools, click My Preferences.
- Under Settings, click Change Password.
- Enter your old password.
- Enter your new password.
- Re-enter your new password to confirm the spelling.
- Click OK.