Setting up an automatic backup allows you to run a backup at a specific time, so you can ensure that all users are logged out of HeadMaster.
Setting up an Automatic Backup
Follow the instructions below to set up an automatic backup in either Windows® XP or Windows Vista®.
- On the Microsoft® Windows taskbar, click Start > Control Panel.
- Double-click Scheduled Tasks, then Add Scheduled Task.
- On the Scheduled Task Wizard, click Next.
- Click Browse, then select HMUTILS.EXE (located in the HMaster directory on your local drive).
- Enter a name for the task, then select how often you want the task performed. Click Next.
- Select the time, frequency, and start date. Click Next.
- Enter your network username and password, then confirm the password. Click Next.
- Select Open advance properties, then click Finish.
- In the Run dialog box, enter a space and then AUTO X:\<folder> after HMUtils.exe. The value for “X” should be the location for storing the backups.
- Click OK. You may have to reconfirm your network password.
- On the Microsoft Windows taskbar, click Start > Control Panel.
- Double-click Administrative Tools, then Task Scheduler.
- Click Create Task.
- Enter a name for the task and select security options.
- Click the Triggers tab, select New, and make the schedule selections you want. Click OK when complete.
- Click the Actions tab, select New, and browse to HMUtils.exe (located in the HMaster directory on your local drive). The default path for HMUtils.exe will now be visible in the Program/script box. In the Actions drop-down, leave it as Start a program.
- In the Add arguments (optional) box, enter AUTO X:\<folder>. The value for “X:\<folder>” should be the location for storing the backups.
- In the Start in (optional) box, enter “X:\<folder>”. In this case, “X:\<folder>” is the location of HMUtils.exe. Click OK, when complete.
- Click the Conditions and Settings tabs and make the selections you want.
- Click OK to complete the setup.