You can preview and print a list of the invalid addresses found within your CASS™ file. After printing the invalid addresses, you can use the Suggestion List to fix them.
- Click Invalid Addresses.
OPTIONAL: Use the buttons below to customize the report's display and review your addresses.
Zoom to fit the page
Zoom to 100% size
Zoom to page width
Go to the first page.
Go to the previous page
Go to the next page
Go to the last page
Print the report
- Click Print .
- After previewing or printing, click Close.
When you CASS™ certify addresses, CASS It!™ offers a list of suggestions for invalid addresses.
Address — This area displays the address for the selected individual or group listed in the Name list.
- Company — Displays the company address for the selected record. The company address displays only if the record has one.
- Address Line 1 — Displays the first line of the address for the selected record.
- Address Line 2 — Displays the second line of the address for the selected record, if the record has one.
- City State, ZIP — Displays the city, state, and ZIP Code for the selected record.
The following fields display information if an address is valid:
- Carrier Code — Displays the Carrier Code, if it is available for the selected record. The carrier code refers to the code for the addresses to which a carrier delivers mail. Carrier routes include city routes, rural routes, highway contract routes, post office box sections, and general delivery units.
- Delivery Point — Displays a two-digit Delivery Point number that is necessary for a Delivery Point Barcode, if it is available for the selected record. The Delivery Point Barcode allows automated sorting of letter mail to the carrier level in walk sequence.
- Line of Travel — Displays the Line of Travel, if it is available for the selected record. The Line of Travel sequence is required for some Enhanced Carrier Route and carrier route rates in which mail pieces are arranged by ZIP+4 codes in the order in which the route is served by the carrier. The mail pieces are sequenced in delivery order.
- Ascending/Descending — Displays an A for ascending and a D for descending order. Ascending and descending refer to the order of house or building numbers, sorted in order for the mail carrier to deliver.
Phone — Displays the phone number for the selected record.
Name — This area lists names of invalid address records. The error code for the record displays in the Error Code box under the Selection area when you select the name. Suggestions for correcting the address display in the Suggestions list.
Suggestions List — This area provides a list of possible corrections for the selected record's incorrect address.
- House Number Range — Lists a possible number range for the house in the incorrect address.
- Predir — Lists possible predirectional components of the address line. Predirectionals come before a street name. For example, in the address 2001 West Harbor Drive North Suite 152, the predirectional is West.
- Street Name — Lists possible street names for the incorrect address.
- Street Type — Lists possible street types for the incorrect address, such as ST for Street, CT for Court, or BLVD for Boulevard.
- Postdir — Lists possible postdirectional components of the address line. Postdirectionals come after a street name. For example, in the address 2001 West Harbor Drive North Suite 152, the postdirectional is North.
- Apt Number — Lists possible apartment numbers for the incorrect address.
- Zip Code — Lists possible ZIP Codes for the incorrect address.
- Other — Lists possible street number range corrections. O stands for Odd, E stands for Even, and B stands for Both odd and even street number ranges.
Selection — In this area, select the address types you want to test.
- People — Select to test addresses from the People module.
- Special Mailings — Select to test addresses from the Special Mailings module.
Suggestion List Buttons
- Test Address — Click to test a record selected in the Name list. Once you have made corrections, click to test the correct address again.
- Replace Address — Click to replace the incorrect address with the correct address after you get the Address Valid confirmation message.
- Close — Click to return to the CASS Certification window.