You can enter a check transaction in the Add/Edit Transactions window, and you can enter a check that has split transactions. However, if you own the ACS Accounts Payable or Payroll modules, we recommend that you enter, print, post, and void checks in those modules.
After entering a check, you can print it. To do this, on the Form:Check tab, click Print. You can also set up General Ledger to automatically print checks after entering a check transaction. You can use 8.5 x 11 laser checks in General Ledger.
- Under Manage Records, select the Transactions tab.
- In the drop-down list, select General Ledger Checks and click Go .
- Enter a Checking Account or click Lookup to select an account.
- Verify that the post month and year are correct. Click the up and down arrows in the Month or Year date box to change the posting period.
- If this is a hand-written check, select Check Printed. If this is a reconciled check, select Reconciled.
- Enter or select the check number and the issue date.
- Enter a payee in the Pay To The Order Of field.
- Enter the check's amount.
- Enter a description in the Memo field.
- Enter the general ledger account to debit or click Lookup to select an account.
- Click OK, then Yes.
- Follow the steps above to enter the initial check information.
- Click the Ledger tab.
- In the credits Account field, enter a general ledger account number, or click Lookup to select an account.
- Enter the amount to credit to the account entered in step #3.
- In the debits Account field, enter a general ledger account number, or click Lookup to select an account.
- Enter the amount to debit the account entered in step #5.
- Repeat these steps to balance the transaction, then click OK.
Transaction Source - Select the type of transaction.
Autofill Text? - To display text from previous transactions in the Memo field, select this option. When adding additional transactions and entering text in that field, entries from the previous transactions in the session display in a drop-down list.
Form: Check Tab
Pay to the Order of- Enter a payee or select a payee from the Payee list.
Memo - Displays the default memo. If necessary, enter a comment or description in this text box. If you selected Autofill Text?, text from previous transactions in the session displays when adding transactions and entering text in the Memo field.
Debit - Enter the general ledger account that you want to debit. To debit multiple general ledger accounts, click Split Debit.
Credit - Enter the general ledger account that you want to credit. To credit multiple general ledger accounts, click Split Credit.
Print - Click to print the current check. The default check layout prints 15 lines on the check stub. If there are more lines to print, it prints the additional lines on the next check or plain paper (whichever is in the printer). It does not 'void' the next check in ACS. It prints the same check number on each additional page needed to print the check.
Account - Select an account to credit or debit. Click Lookup to select an account in the Account Lookup window.
Description - Displays the account description for the selected account.
Credit - Enter the amount to credit or debit the selected account.
Project - If necessary, enter a project code or select one in the drop-down list.
Balance - Displays the difference between debits and credits.