If you entered a transaction, you can edit it. If a transaction is open, you can edit any fields. You can also right-click on the entry to delete an account distribution.
- If you're editing a posted General Ledger transaction, you can change the date, reference number, explanation, posting month, project code, and comment.
- If you're editing a Contributions or Payroll transaction, you can change the date and post month/year. For Accounts Receivable transactions, you can only edit the date.
- To avoid voiding and reentering checks, you can edit general fields such as the transaction date and post month on checks posted from the Accounts Payable and Payroll modules.
See the Accounts Payable FAQs for instructions to correct check numbers on posted checks as well as checks voided to the wrong months.
Other ACS users can view transactions you entered but cannot edit them unless they have rights to Edit All Users Transactions in Add/Edit Users.
To edit a transaction
- Under Manage Records, select the Transactions tab.
- In the drop-down list, select General Ledger Transactions and click Go .
- Click Add/Edit Transactions.
- Select the transaction that you want to change, and click Edit.
- Make your changes to the transaction, and click OK.