After you delete a job, previously backed up files might remain on the LiveStor servers. You can remove them in the Restore Files window.
Deleting files from the servers does not delete them from your computer.
To delete a file from LiveStor's servers
- Click Tools, then click Restore Files.
- In the left pane of the Restore Files window, navigate to the folder that includes the files you want to delete. To display the files in the folder, click the folder name.
- In the right pane, click the name of the file you want to remove from the LiveStor servers.
- Right-click the file name and click Delete. The Confirm File Removal dialog box displays.
- Select an option and click Yes. For information about the options, see the following Options section.
- Auto Retention - Removes a file in the amount of time you selected in the Duration field of its job properties. To view job properties, right-click the job name in the Scheduled Jobs window. Auto Retention is based on the duration that was set at the time the file was stored.
- Default of Job - Removes a file from the LiveStor servers three days from when you delete it in your Restore Files window. To display this option, clear Auto Retention.
- Immediately - Deletes the file from LiveStor servers immediately. To display this option, clear Auto Retention.
- In days - Specifies the number of days before LiveStor deletes the file. To display this option, clear Auto Retention.
- Clear Purge Settings - Resets the purge date that displays in the Status column of the Restore Files window. The new purge date is based on the duration that was set at the time the file was restored. To display this option, clear Auto Retention. This option displays only for files that are already set to be deleted.
If you need assistance with removing files from the LiveStor servers, e-mail LiveStorCustomer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org.