Revenue Centers are used to designate the source of income. Because they can be attached to billing codes, you should set up the revenue centers prior to setting up billing codes.
- On the Home screen, click Define List. The Define List dialog box displays.
- In the Available Fields list, expand Billing, and click Revenue Centers.
- Click Add. The New/Edit Revenue Centers dialog box displays.
- Enter a numerical, alphabetical, or alphanumerical Code for the revenue center. Codes can have up to 10 characters. If the revenue center is tax deductible, select the Tax Deductible check box.
- Enter a description for the revenue center. Examples: School Lunches, Library Fines, Late Fees.
- To select an Offset Account, click . The offset account is the revenue or credit account. If you're interfacing with the ACS General Ledger, the Account Lookup dialog box opens to display accounts contained in the General Ledger data set. If you're not interfacing with ACS General Ledger, accounts previously entered in HeadMaster display.
- Click OK. To select a Checking Account, click . The checking account is the asset or debit account. If you're interfacing to the ACS General Ledger, the Account Lookup dialog box opens to display accounts contained in the General Ledger data set. If you're not interfacing with ACS General Ledger, accounts previously entered in HeadMaster display.
- Click OK. Under Misc. Revenue Center, click the Revenue Center list to select a revenue center used to post only those payments that aren't already assigned a specific revenue center, such as over-payments or unapplied payments.
Miscellaneous Revenue Centers
Payments made to the Miscellaneous Revenue Center can be used to pay any invoice. The Miscellaneous Revenue Center isn't available when selecting revenue centers to attach to billing codes. This revenue center acts as a temporary storage area. Payments attached to the Miscellaneous Revenue Center will be applied to the next invoice entered.
Ordinarily, a payment posts to the revenue center attached to the billing code for the invoice paid. However, if there is an overpayment and there is no revenue center attached to the billing code, or you select not to use a billing code, then the payment will post to the Misc. Revenue Center.