One of the most convenient ways to add assignments is to add them while you're working in the gradebook. However, you cannot edit or delete assignments from here.
To open the gradebook, on the Home screen, click Post Grades.
- In the gradebook, select the class you want to add assignments to.
- On the toolbar, click Assignments > New Assignment. The New Assignment dialog box displays.
- Enter a Name. Give your assignment a unique name to identify it. For example, enter “Principles of Algebra pp. 101-102.”
- Enter a brief Description of the assignment. For example, enter “All even numbered problems, show work.”
- To select the date the work is assigned and the date that the work is due, click beside Date Assigned and Date Due.
- To select the time frame (semester or grading period) within the school year or term in which the assignment’s grade will be calculated, click the Grading Period list.
- Under Weight, click the Assignment Type drop-down list to select a default assignment, or, to create a new one, select <New>. Once the assignment type is selected, the How many times does this assignment count? field defaults to the weight set up in the assignment type. If you use the point scale, How many points is this assignment worth? displays. You can edit the number.
- Optional: To add additional comments, click the Notes tab.
- Click OK. The assignment is added to the top of the gradebook in the grading period you indicated.